Model Aeronautical Society
Powered flying site - Letchworth Rugby Club
Weather and rugby matches permitting, you will generally find
somebody flying here on a Sunday afternoon.
Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2018
- The flying site is behind the North Herts Leisure Centre on
- Turn into the Leisure Centre entrance
- Follow the signs to Letchworth Eagles and Rugby Club
- Park in the Rugby Club car park
- Walk up to the furthest rugby field
Code of Practice specific to this
- The site is open to models powered by electric motors or
internal combustion engines, subject to a maximum noise emission
of 82db(A). Every attempt should be made to reduce emissions to
- No flying shall take place when any field is in use for other
- Do not take cars onto the field, except Blue Badge holders who
may park adjacent to the hedgerow near the pits area.
- Every effort must be made not to overfly the school
(especially when it is in use), the Leisure Centre or its car
park, any adjacent sports ground, or the Jackmans estate.
- Fixed wing aircraft should not use the playing surfaces (other
than behind the touch line, or the designated runway on the
practice pitch at the east end of the site), unless it is vital
in the interest of safety.
- Multi-rotor and helicopter pilots are advised to use the rugby
pitches for their flying, especially when fixed wing aircraft
are using the normal flying area. They must NOT fly near the
runway when fixed wing aircraft are flying.
- Flying times: All days; 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or lighting-up
time, whichever is the earlier (to 7:30 p.m. for quiet electric
models, irrespective of lighting-up time).
- Transmitter frequencies:
- 35Mhz EVEN channels only
- 27Mhz SOLID colours only
- 2.4Ghz spread spectrum system