Silent flying site
Wilbury Hill Farm - Directions
- Zoom out on the map above to find the route to Wilbury
Hills Road from nearby towns and villages
- Turn off the road after the entrance to Hillcrest Park
- Proceed past the house on the right
- Bear left through the gate
- Follow the drive into the courtyard for parking.
Code of Practice specific to
site is for flying electric-powered models and unpowered gliders
with a noise emission level below 72dB(A). The acceptance of any
at this site is subject to the measurement of its noise emission
Committee member. See the main Code of Practice for noise
- Models should not overfly the farm buildings, caravan site,
houses at low level.
- Flying times: all days, 10:00 am to 7:30 pm or lighting-up
time, whichever is the earlier.
- The gate to the field should be kept padlocked. The key is
kept in the club hut, keys to the hut are available to members
- Transmitter frequencies
- 35 Mhz: all channels
- 27 Mhz: SOLID colours only
- 2.4Ghz: spread spectrum system