Model Aeronautical Society
- The Society shall be called the Letchworth Model Aeronautical
- The Society shall consist of a President (optional) and
members. A Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and Committee shall be
elected from the membership at a General Meeting. The Committee
should include a junior member who is under 16 years of age at
the time of election.
- The Society's year shall run from 1st November to 31st
- Subscriptions and joining fee shall be decided at a General
- New members joining within three months prior to the end of
the Society's year shall be required to pay half the appropriate
- Members are entitled to attend all lectures and ordinary
meetings of the Society and may enter all competitions subject
to compliance with competition rules.
- New members must be proposed by a member of the Society, and
be duly elected by a General or Committee Meeting.
- All elected Officers of the Society, shall retire annually,
being eligible for re-election.
- No office of profit shall exist within the Society.
- In the case of misconduct or intentional breach of Society
Rules, the Committee may take such action as it deems fit.
- The Committee has the right to expel any member of the
- Any member of the society resigning or being expelled shall
forfeit all subscriptions paid.
- The society's general notices shall be circulated to all
members, and also be displayed on the Society's notice board.
- Members who have not paid their subscriptions within four
weeks of the beginning of the Society’s year must rejoin the
Society and pay the joining fee plus their subscription.
- Persons under the age of 16 must be sponsored by a senior
- The rules may be altered and others made at a General Meeting
convened for the purpose.
- Members are expected to observe all provisions of the code of
- Child Protection Policy Statement: all members under 18 taking
part in club activities at any of the club sites must be under
the direct supervision of a parent or legal guardian. No club
member is expected to take responsibility for any member under
18 except those under their own direct care.