Model Aeronautical Society
Silent flying site - Wilbury Hill Farm
Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2018
- The flying site is off Wilbury Hills Road on the western edge
- Take the turning after the entrance to Hillcrest Park caravan
- Proceed past the house on the right
- Bear left through the gate
- Follow the drive into the courtyard for parking.
- Take the path through the gate (over if locked!) down to the
end of the field.
- Enter at your own risk when livestock is in the field - watch
out for the bull!
Code of Practice specific to this
- The site is for flying electric-powered models and unpowered
gliders only, with a noise emission level below 72dB(A). The
acceptance of any model at this site is subject to the
measurement of its noise emission by a Committee member. See the
main Code of Practice for noise measurement details.
- Models should not overfly the farm buildings, caravan site, or
adjacent houses at low level.
- Flying times: all days, 10:00 am to 7:30 pm or lighting-up
time, whichever is the earlier.
- The gate to the field should be kept padlocked. The key is
kept in the club hut, keys to the hut are available to members
from the Secretary,
- Transmitter frequencies
- 35 Mhz: all channels
- 27 Mhz: SOLID colours only
- 2.4Ghz: spread spectrum system